Lecrae’s highly-anticipated Church Clothes sequel was released yesterday and exceeded 70,000 DJ-version free downloads in hours. There was also a rousing response on iTunes that pushed the non-DJ version to #2 on the overall album charts. This is remarkable considering both the chart position and the existence of a free download for the consumer.
1. Co-Sign pt. 2 (prod. by 808XELiTE & Street Symphony)
2. Believe (prod. by Dunlap & Street Symphony)
3. Devil In Disguise (feat. Kevin Ross) (prod. by DJ Official)
4. The Fever (feat. Andy Mineo & Papa San) (prod. by Tyshane)
5. I’m Turnt (prod. by K.E. on the Track)
6. Let It Whip (feat. Paul Wall) (prod. by David Banner & Hector Delgado)
7. Sell Out (prod. by Dirty Rice & Street Symphony)
8. Lost My Way (feat. King Mez & Daniel Day) (prod. by Boi-1da & DZL)
9. Misconception pt. 2 (feat. W.L.A.K.) (prod. by Jon Jon Traxx)
10. Round of Applause (feat. B.o.B.) (prod. by KE On The Track)
11. Was It Worth It (feat. Derek Minor & Crystal Nicole) (prod. by Dirty Rice)
12. Bun B speaks
13. Finer Things (feat. Tedashii) (prod. by DJ Burn One & 5PMG)
14. Hands Up (feat. Propaganda) (prod. by The Bridge: DJ Efechto & D. Steele)
15. My Whole Life Changed (prod. byThaInnaCircle & Street Symphony)
16. If I Die Tonight (feat. Novel) (prod. by Justin Kahler)
17. Hang On (prod. by Tone Jonez, Dirty Rice & Street Symphony)
*Executive Producer: Torrance “Street Symphony” Esmond
This also clearly shows the amount of support capable within the Christian Hip Hop community. CC2, nestled between Eminem and Lorde on the charts, is a loud cultural megaphone for an Unashamed movement of believers.
And though it has also blazed the trail for other Gospel-centered artists to make important inroads with their music, it is not the only unashamed album on the charts. ATL native and WLAK member Alex Faith has also charted well with his debut album with Collision Records, “ATLast”.
He is currently sitting at #13 on the Hip Hop charts after a strong peak at #8. Shoutout to Lecrae and Alex Faith for representing the Lord well with their art.