The Choirfest Africa is an initiative of Lifeline Records – A faith-based Record Label established to create a platform for believers to have a voice and produce inspirational music for life.
For decades the Church has lost many of her sons and daughters to the world due to lack of viable platforms to project them. A lack of understanding of the Kingdom has made the Church lose out and lose relevance in the different spheres of life.
• When we should have taken over in the Media, we called it the devil’s box and today we pay millions to buy airtime from the devil.
• When we should have taken over in Politics, we called it a dirty game and now it has become too dirty for our prayers to clean up.
• When we should have taken over in Economy, we said “this world is not our home” and told them to take the whole world and give us Jesus. Now, we realise we need more to live here on earth.
• When we should have taken over in Entertainment, we called it secular and stayed limited.
Music, movies, fashion etc are messing up the next generation and Lifeline Record is set to make a difference for the Kingdom.
The Choirfest Africa is a Christian Talent Hunt and Reality Show aimed at creating a platform for choirs and groups to have a voice for the Kingdom.
We uniquely settled for choirs and groups because choirs seem to be dying and becoming obscure as against solo showbiz; and when we all get to heaven we will be choir members, so why not keep the fire alive.
• Every choir or group is expected to register with just N10, 000 and go through the auditions after which the top three will emerge.
• Registration opens on Monday 19th May 2014 and closes on Friday, 1st August 2014
• Auditions take place for five Saturdays at the different zones from 16th August to 13th September 2014.
• Semi-Final will take place on Saturday 27th September, while the final will take place at the National Stadium on Saturday 4th October 2014.
• The prizes to be won by the top 3 are:
N 1,000,000 plus a One-Track Album
N 500,000 plus a One-Track Album
N 300,000 plus a One-Track Album
All registered choirs will also get consolation prices and a mention in the Choirfest Africa Brochure.
The entire State has been zoned into five to give easy access and options to interested choirs and group.
Zones include: Lekki, Ikorodu, Ikeja, Amuwo and Idimu.
Olumide Emmanuel the CEO of Common Sense Group and also the Chairman of Lifeline Records joined by frontline veterans in the Music Ministry like Broda Martyns, Faith Ajiboye etc are really the one behind the project.
We have been church-focused and denominational-focused for decades, and see where it has led us. It is time to become kingdom-minded and do something to make this platform stand.
Visionary – Choirfest Africa