Kaduna State witnessed a gathering of Gospel music stakeholders on 24th April, 2016 at International Praise Cathedral (Praise Chapel). It was the Official Grand Inauguration of the Fellowship Of Gospel Music Of Ministers Of Nigeria (FOGMMON) Kaduna State Chapter. The Grand Inauguration concert was anchored brilliantly by Tokkida Semlek (Founder, Gospelite Music Awards (GomAwards) Asu Ekiye, National President, FOGMMON and some National excos were present at the inauguration. It was indeed a moment of joy, networking, excitement, spirituality and entertainment.
Rev (Dr) Sunday Ibrahim (Secretary General, Christian Association of Nigeria) openly and gladly endorsed FOGMMON at the inauguration. He said “CAN is glad to identify with FOGMMON. Hence forth, We will only collaborate with registered members of FOGMMON on any gospel related project.”
Kaduna Chapter excos were appointed to pilot the affairs of FOGMMON Kaduna State, under the distinguish Chairmanship of Pst David Praise, Vice Chairman Pst Chucks Jock and other notable gospel music ministers.
FOGMMON is a non-profit, non governmental and non political advocacy fellowship to advocate for the advancement of GOSPEL MUSIC and elimination of all forms of exploitation of the right of its members and affiliates including and not limited to all categories of marginalization of Gospel music in Nigeria.
FOGMMON will provide support network for its members through effective mobilization of all available network to protect them from undue exploitation from individuals, corporate organisations and government.
1. To preach the Gospel of Christ through music and entertainment.
2. To establish a platform that brings together gospel music artistes/ministers for bonding and mutual encouragement.
3. To protect the right and interest of all members of the fellowship and the chart a new cause in the gospel music scenery.
4. To establish a community of people sincerely committed to the promotion of gospel music.
5. To promote gospel music in every sphere.
6. To train, develop and promote budding talents.
7. To increase spiritual, moral, cultural, economic and social values of Gospel music.
8. To organise the gospel music scene in Nigeria as well as the mainstreaming of gospel music genre to occupy its rightful place in the centre of Nigerian Entertainment Industry.
9. To network with Churches, promoters and Gospel music associations: with a view to meeting the aspirations of members and other affiliates of the fellowship.
10. To organise awards repertoire among members and other organisations in recognition of their efforts in the promotion of gospel music in Nigeria, among numerous other objectives.
It’s indeed vital to all Gospel music stakeholders (Artistes, Producers, Dancers, Promoters, Marketers, Instrumentalists, Bloggers, OAPs, Comedians etc) to JOIN FOGMMON to build a synergy to the advancement of the gospel music ministry/industry world wide.
Thanks to the Chairman Board of Trustees (Dr Panam Percy Paul), National President (Asu Ekiye) and the entire members of FOGMMON for their effort on this initiative and movement.
Our profound gratitude goes to our papa, Bishop Fred Addo for always being supportive to the development of gospel music.
Also, Thanks to the Rev Sunday Ibrahim (Sec Gen, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Kaduna Chapter) for endorsing FOGMMON.
FOGMMON, has indeed come to Stay in Kaduna State!!!!